Re: [tor-talk] 'Refresh tor browser' - and then it wasn't one anymore.

On Wed, 04 May 2016 04:28:49 +0000, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> Can you file a Tor Browser ticket on trac, with as much detail as you
> can? Especially including which Tor Browser version it was, and what
> platform it was for?

JFTR: Windows 7, as far as I remember it was already updated to 5.5.5.

I have another similar system and a win8 at home and will see if this
happens there as well. I will see how that works, and then do a ticket
with mor or less specifics, depending on what happens.

> And what path / where on your system you had
> installed it to?

User-specified.

> And what happened when you tried restarting it?

Next start yields a 'tor browser window' but without
the launcher popup and without the tor and noscript
buttons, and the 'proxy not there' error.

> But I haven't seen any tickets about Tor Browser 5.5.5 (the stable
> release).

It's somehow related to this 'refresh firefox' stuff. It bugs
me on plain firefox on linux as well.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."