Re: 20090101 (log data)

On Nov 12, 2007 3:15 AM, algenon flower <algenon_flower@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>   I just hardly can't believe it what I am hearing about this. From what I
> get, it sounds like a full on assault on privacy and free speech, the things
> that make the internet good, has begun.
>   I am very sorry to hear the news and am very upset for everybody,
> especially those in Europe where this seems to be starting.
>   Am I to believe from the foregoing that potentially having to surrender a
> Tor servers logs (that do not compromise much) will actually make Tor server
> operators criminals because they don't "reveal" enough?
>
> Algenon

Another issue here is that surrendering the logs will actually have
the potential to compromise much.  It was allow timing attacks to
become very trivial for the government to carry out.

And the Tor operators will only be criminals if they do not have the
data to surrender to the government when it is requested.

Kasimir

--
Kasimir Gabert