Re: Any plans to fix tor for OpenDNS?

> I have no idea what is involved in running [a recursive name server]
> having never configured/setup one before.  Would it consume lots of
> harddrive realestate?  Consume lots of swap or RAM?

This is on a server that is recursive for a small user community (2 to 10
users, depending on the time of day), and authoritative for a small network
(a dozen machines).

  $ ps -ubind lw
  F   UID   PID  PPID PRI  NI    VSZ   RSS WCHAN  STAT TTY        TIME COMMAND
  1   103  2728     1  18   0  31100  3884 rt_sig Ssl  ?          0:10 /usr/sbin/named -u bind

FWIW, this machine is a 600 MHz Pentium III with 128 MB RAM, and it serves
as a name server, a firewall (for both IPv4 and IPv6), a router (using two
different routing protocols, over both IPv4 and IPv6), and a VPN endpoint
for 6 tunnels.  I've never seen it swap.

It's running a heavily customised version of Debian, which makes it lighter
than whatever you'll be able to achieve with proprietary software.  Still,
it makes my point -- building your own network infrastructure is cheap.

                                        Juliusz