Re: [tor-talk] Tor 0.2.2.34 crashes

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM, thomas.hluchnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<thomas.hluchnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello tories,
>
> after reading this mail I started to upgrade my two tor nodes which ran stable for years. I never have seen my tor process disappearing from the process list. Unfortunamtely, after upgrading to 2.2.34 on both nodes tor is crashing within a short time.
>
> I started tor in debug mode sending its debug log into a file. The crash always happens at the same point.
>
> root@h1896303:/chroot/tor/log# tail debug.log.2

Hi, Thomas!

This looks like you're using a Unix box, which makes stuff easier.
The best way to debug a crash is by getting a stack trace -- either
getting a core dump, or by running Tor under gdb.  That will tell us
exactly which part of the program is failing.

Just let us know if you need help doing that and you can't find good
instructions online.

cheers,
--
Nick