Re: [tor-talk] TorBirdy 0.0.13 now available from Mozilla Add-ons

Hi,

Mix+TB Test:
> All appears to be working well from TorBirdy. But there are a few
> unexpected happenings from within Thunderbird (Debian 6.0.6, 64-bit).
> All occur at start-up, regardless of how settings were left when closing
> down:
>
> + Message pane is on
> + Quick filter is on

No, we don't change these. Any reason we should be closing them?

> + Thunderbird won't check for messages at start-up, even though the
> option remains enabled

There are two preferences in TorBirdy that we need to change to allow/
prevent Thunderbird from checking for messages at startup; this is
because of how Thunderbird handles this. Both changes should be made
using TorBirdy's preferences as TorBirdy will override Thunderbird's
preferences on startup:

* The first is the account-specific preference ("Check for new messages
at startup") that needs to be enabled per account.

* The second is a global setting: "Select last accessed mail folder on
startup", which also needs to enabled.

Enabling this will select the last accessed folder (usually Inbox) when
Thunderbird starts and not 'Local Folders', thus enabling checking of
messages at startup for all accounts that have the first option enabled.
By default, we select 'Local Folders' (the second option is disabled) to
prevent Thunderbird from automatically logging in and checking for new
messages.

--
Sukhbir