Re: [tor-talk] Private mail server (Was: i saw your response on the Tor TTFtalk list)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:40:11 -0800
SiNA Rabbani <sina@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The law enforcement needs a warrant to enter your home. So yep, at
> least you'll know about it.
>
> I wonder if getting a warrant to pull a server from co-lo takes the
> same amount of effort and paperwork as getting a warrant to enter
> someone's home?

Sadly, there's what the law says should happen, and there's what
actually happens. Once you've had enough encounters with police on a
power trip (remember: they're armed, and you're probably not) you stop
relying on the system to protect you. If that sort of crap is going to
happen, I want it to happen somewhere that my kids are not.

Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012@xxxxxx>