Re: [tor-talk] upgrading procedure for TBB

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:44:59PM +0100, tagnaq@xxxxxxxxx wrote 1.1K bytes in 31 lines about:
: I'm surprised to see this 'rm -rf' command in a recommendation. I
: thought you recommend to just unpack the tar file to preserve bookmarks..

We recommend you run TBB as is, not modify it. Personally, I keep my
bookmarks in a separate file and copy and paste between it and TBB if
I need something.

: Has that alternative approach ('tar xzf' without prior 'rm -rf')
: negative side effects?

I don't know. Maybe Mike or someone can answer better.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact