Re: [tor-talk] Can Google location system track TOR users?

On 15/11/2013 11:35, Lunar wrote:
Sukhoi:
I am surprised how google maps was able to track my location, with
few meters of error, by using the "Share Location" feature.

It is not clear how they are tracking the location with such
accuracy. For sure is not using the IP.
You might want to watch the following talk from 26c3, AFAIK, it is still
very much accurate:
http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2009/26c3-3600-de-location_tracking_does_scale_up.html

A wi-fi position system was built! Oh, so terrible.

It time and viable to include on TOR a mechanism, or companion software, to generate fake wi-fi networks near-by the user, but using real wi-fi SSID existing on other places, creating confusion to the wi-fi position system, making harder to identify the user location using this technique?

Sukhoi