Re: [tor-talk] tor mention in newle released snowden documents

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 09:30:27PM +0100, rejo@xxxxxxxxx wrote 2.2K bytes in 0 lines about:
: See: <http://issuu.com/pimvandendool/docs/document03>. New document,
: (really) briefly mentioning the efforts of the Dutch intelligence
: services identifying Tor-users. Attempts are made by hacking into
: servers running fora, obtaining the logfiles, sql-databases, etc, then
: combining and analyzing all available data (and hoping a user once
: didn't use Tor while accessing the forum).

From what we can gather, they're talking about hidden services. See
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2011-September/021198.html.

It's not clear if they are also breaking into non-hidden service sites as well.

If I were in their shoes, I'd keep it ambiguous as well, to make it seem
like they have authorization to do it anywhere to any type of connection.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact