Re: [tor-talk] Hidden Services v2 proposal (nickm)

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 6:01 AM,
<BM-2cUqBqHFVDHuY34ZcpL3PNgkpLUEEer8ev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the record, regarding the new proposal to have ecc keys and longer
> names (unhashed) as hidden service hostnames as opposite to SHA1, what
> other changes will this proposal make to the hidden services arhitecture?
>
> In particular I am interested if this kind of attack will be cancelled:
> http://donncha.is/2013/05/trawling-tor-hidden-services/
>
> It's quite important for reliability and scalability. Thanks.

The proposal is right here -- anybody can read it:
    https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/proposals/224-rend-spec-ng.txt

The attack you mention should be ameliorated by the directory system
changes of section 2.

--
Nick