Re: [tor-talk] Can't log in to Facebook or use Facebook via Tor Messenger

Qaz wrote:
> Could you guys help me? I can't use Facebook or even log in
> successfully via Tor Messenger. I just get stuck at "gathering
> contacts list..." or something like that. I was successful with
> Twitter though. Still, I'm looking forward to using Tor Messenger
> instead of the site. How do I go about this? I'm sure I entered the
> correct credentials.

Facebook stopped supporting XMPP and recently broke XMPP compatability.
This is likely the problem, and there isn't an easy solution. James
Geboski's libpurple plugin is the main open source implementation of
their new proprietary protocol, IIUC.