Re: [tor-talk] How can I verify that this "Onionshare" program is indeed the one intended for me to get?

Hey.

Am 15.11.2015 11:28, schrieb Qaz:
How do I do the hashing? Sorry really ignorant about it. Do I just type
sha256sum <file> ? Or what?

Hashing the deb is most likely not going to work. Having a build process that results in a bit-wise identical binary is a hard problem (search for "reproducible build" if you're interested). You should use the verification tools provided, that is the detached signature for pre-built binaries and the signed commits when building from source (see my other mail).

Regards
felix