Re: Transparent SOCKS proxy for POP

The iptables man page has some info, and if you go to the gentoo forums there are some tutorials in there that actually show you how to *use* the commands/config files. I'm not completely clear as to what your question is though... Is it just that you want to be able to download your pop3 email via thurderbird/whatever w/out setting the socks4 proxy ports? If so, that's as easy as changing your advertised port 9050 to 110 or 995. If you're asking whether you can do client --->tor-->some other proxy--->email server, you can but it's pretty pointless, IMHO unless you've got some strange good reason for doing that...

~Andrew

Eduardo Costa Lisboa wrote:

Is it possible to use TOR to recieve e-mail via some sort of
transparent proxy? How could I set the torrc?

And, if I am not asking too much, how could I set the redirection via
Linux's iptables?

-- Eduardo Costa Lisboa