Re: DMCA letters in general

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 08:57:53AM -0700, Sean wrote:
> I may be missing something, but the response template
> appears to be directed to an ISP, not a copyright
> owner.  But, I read the letter as coming from a
> copyright owner.  Thus, the template would not be
> appropriate.

As I understood it, there's no need for the ISP to respond to people
spamming them with takedown demands. The tor-dmca-response.html is
designed for the user and her ISP to have a discussion, and sending
anything at all back to the industry lawyers is just asking for more
attention.

Of course, the industry lawyers may get upset if they are ignored --
they might demand that your ISP terminate your account, or they might
sue somebody. I'd recommend talking to a lawyer about your particular
situation. In fact, we happen to know a few who might be interested in
your case: http://tor.eff.org/eff/tor-legal-faq.html#Represent

--Roger