Re: DMCA letters in general

I would be very interested to know what responsibilities Academic ISPs have in terms of student owned machines on their networks and whether or not they need to deal with take down notices?

Roger Dingledine wrote:

Of course, the industry lawyers may get upset if they are ignored -- they might demand that your ISP terminate your account, or they might sue somebody. I'd recommend talking to a lawyer about your particular situation. In fact, we happen to know a few who might be interested in your case: http://tor.eff.org/eff/tor-legal-faq.html#Represent

--Roger