Re: Library Defeats Tor Followup Addl Info

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 05:30:30PM -0700, mark485anderson@xxxxxx wrote 13K bytes in 288 lines about:
: This group has not changed. I give information in good faith and then
: nobody replies.

Actually, you seemed to be doing just fine without needing help.  If
there were explicit questions you wanted answered, I missed them in the
descriptions of what you encountered.

: out now). This is why more people don't use Tor, it seems to be only the
: domain of an elite group, who could care less if others join in.

Hardly.  Tor can be difficult to correctly configure for fantastic
anonymity.  Many applications, operating systems, and networks conspire
against you to reveal your tcp traffic destinations.  Many people have
problems comprehending the real threats to anonymity versus movie-plot
threats as seen on the Internet.  We're working to make it easier to
correctly configure and use.  No matter how easy we make it, the next
hop will always be in an arms race to defeat Tor's gains.

Sorry you felt un-loved on or-talk.  You seem to be doing fine reverse
engineering your local library's network.

--
Andrew