Re: AdvTor

Geoff Down wrote:
On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 13:37 +0200, "Olaf Selke" <olaf.selke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 09.10.2010 11:38, Anon Mus wrote:
Prior to end August 2010, if this kind of message was received I just
used to close the circuit and try again. Usually it would resolve by the
3rd try. I tested these exits to see if they could resolve other urls,
they did so with ease, no errors.

But at the end August every time I closed the circuit I got one of the
"blutmagie,blutmagie2,blutmagie3,blutmagie4" exits again and these could
not resolve the DNS of webcrawler.com. So I did a little investigation
and found that ALL these were not resolving this DNS but simple (web
based) one hop proxies put on at the end of tor (globally) could resolve
this dns.
hi there,

please let me know if there's something wrong with blutmagie's dns
resolution. "dig webcrawler.com" works perfectly from shell.

By the way: My employer Telefonica O2 is shutting down the local office
end of Q1 2011. Besides my job this might lead to the loss of the
special deal for hosting blutmagie exit node. I doubt to get 200 TB
traffic each month for free somewhere else.

http://www.thelocal.de/money/20101008-30361.html

regards Olaf - blutmagie operator

Sorry to hear about the loss of your job.
 I think the OP has not considered that Webcrawler may be blocking some
 Tor exits after experiencing abuse - the heaviest used exits would be
 the ones likely to show up.
Privoxy's error messages can't be relied on IMO. It would be useful if
tor-resolve had a 'choose exit' option.
GD

Wouldn't that show as "connection refused" message?