Re: [tor-talk] [SPAM] Please vote for Torservers so we get 1000 Euro

Damian Johnson wrote:

-1 for the gpg hassling. Worst case scenario is an evil Moritz
impostor puts out a fair bit of effort to harvest some email
addresses. Oh nos!

If he wanted to sign his messages then fine, but this is hardly critical.

I don't want to be beating a dead horse here since Moritz has already
stated that it would have been better to digitally sign his message and
subsequently did so.  But I will point out that malicious links in
unsolicited email is one of the ways computers get infected.  So the
risk is quite a bit greater than harvesting email addresses.  I think
whoever it was that suggested signing such emails was quite right.

@Moritz,

Since the site was in German, I wouldn't have had any idea what I was
doing.  And perhaps a vote from the United States wouldn't help anyway.
But good luck with this funding attempt.

I also got a chuckle out of your tagging your own email as spam.  I
believe we have found the honest man Diogenes was looking for! ;-)

Regards,
Jim