Re: [tor-talk] Ideas to securely implement PGP encryption/decryption

On 10/11/11 7:47 AM, Mike Perry wrote:
> I more or less give this plan my stamp of approval. Just mind the
> gaps, and careful with NPAPI! I am able to review and advise XUL+XPCOM
> code for security.. But for NPAPI, we'll need someone else.
>
> Anyone on-list have any expertise with processing untrusted DOM
> data in NPAPI, and then rendering output safely in browser windows?
> Sounds like a minefield to me, but perhaps it's safer and easier than
> I expect?

Should we start about thinking on how to plan for implementation?

Eventually how to follow an approach for a proposal?
Should we try to create a single ticket with a proposal for
implementation and for security requirements/evaluation/tasks.

Or it's better to create multiple-tickets, for as many as could be the
features provided?
For example:
- WebPG inclusion
- Key Management menu
- File Encryption/Decryption
- Web Form encryption/descryption

and then on each of them (tickets) discuss about:
- Security consideration/sandboxing to be done
- Functional specifications (how it should behave properly)

Even making a summary of this thread would allow to summarize most of
the feeling, doubt and TODO that would be required?

What do you think?

-naif