Re: [tor-talk] Review request: TorVM implementation in Qubes OS

Hi,

adrelanos wrote (16 Oct 2012 18:28:19 GMT) :
> Abel Luck:

>> I need to do more research into what it would take to protect the
>> localtime. For example, what are the consequences (technically and
>> UX-wise) of changing the local timezone to, presumably, UTC?

> UTC is fine. Afaik Tails, Liberte Linux and Whonix are using UTC.

Since the initial question was about UX too, I feel like I should add
that many Tails users don't think "UTC is fine". Quite unsurprisingly,
they are confused when they are shown a clock that is off by a few
hours, compared to their own idea of what time it is in their current
location.

It looks like *displaying* UTC for everybody is a UX failure.

What would be best, IMHO, is to have UTC as the system timezone,
but display local time in the {GNOME,whatever} clock applet.
I've not researched if/how this is possible in GNOME yet.
Help is welcome.

Cheers!