Re: [tor-talk] Super speed Tor

I sometimes get ~1MByte/s on exit nodes, which is enough to stream
youtube in 720p. If you parallelize multiple TCP connections you easily
get ~2MByte/s to a hidden service.

Whole speed = min(your ISP, every relay in circuit, exit node/hidden
service)
Also the latency has a huge influence on the speed of short lived TCP
connections. If you download a 10GB movie, TCP will eventually adjust
for maximum possible speed, but if you download many 1MB pictures
without pipelining (like HTTP/2 does), it will be slow as hell if you
have high latency in the circuit. Latency is randomly determined by
where on the globe your relays are located.