Re: [roy@rant-central.com: Re: [arma@mit.edu: Re: Wikipedia & Tor]]

Nick Mathewson wrote:
> Jimmy, David, I suggest that you might want stop answering each other
> directly.  It is clear that at least one of you is unable to explain
> himself to the other in a way that he can understand.  There are more
> productive matters to discuss than what anonymity means in common
> usage.

I'm sure the fault is mine.  I often make assumptions that people
already know how Wikipedia works (since I live and breath it every day
it seems like everyone else should know it too :-)).  And of course, I'm
sure that I'm abusing Tor jargon in subtle ways here and there, and
could do a better job of understanding the subculture.

In any event, it is not surprising that these discussions can be a bit
tense at time.  There are important principles at stake, and complex
issues.  I don't mind, and I share Nick's sentiment that the important
tihng is that we increase our mutual understanding and try to find some
positive steps forward.

--Jimbo