Re: TOR Directory file

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:12:58AM -0700, Joe Clark wrote:
> First of all, thanks !
>
>   You're saying to not rely on the cached-routers file (name and
>  format), so what can I rely on as a list of all routers?

You can rely on cached-routers working for now,  but we do not promise
never to change it.  Tor is under active development.

(Similarly, we do not promise permanent backward compatibility with
respect to any current protocol.  We try to keep stable series working
for at least a year (when we can), and we try not to change formats
and protocols gratuitously, but that's about it.)

>   this:
>   http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/exit.pl?textonly=1%22

I would suggest not if you require information to be 100% accurate and
up-to-date; this site tends not to track updates to the directory
format very quickly.

>   or maybe this: (notice that this is by the old format)
>   http://moria.mit.edu:9031/tor/

If you want to downlaod the info yourself, you should check out the
document I suggested you read.  It's here:

> The directory protocol is described at
> http://tor.eff.org/svn/trunk/doc/dir-spec.txt

yrs,
--