[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Perplexing Tor server issues
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Perplexing Tor server issues
- From: Caitlin <The_Polymorph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:24:28 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=rocketmail.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=HSVf74IwaA1eTqyoCkST4zC8Uwb0EFnKqbvmOqT2gVZTQPc96vo2VxM2w8fEhbhU23X6Naod/M2aAMaRio3FtUuXOfNxkrG/OnnOmaR12Ytiota5ayy9vV9uDEHZuoEyNaOic8p9h7ZjYSa5wzxrDXW6VeG4uoOTnY7WfWaYNpA= ;
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Tor server set-up:
I seem to be seeing an *excessive* number of log entries of the form:
Sep 14 16:03:27:562 [Notice] connection_ap_expire_beginning(): We tried
for 15 seconds to connect to '[scrubbed]' using exit 'cbadhjkssdhjbc'.
Retrying on a new circuit.
in addition to:
Sep 14 16:10:47:375 [Warning] second_elapsed_callback(): Your server
(18.104.22.168:9001) has not managed to confirm that its ORPort is
reachable. Please check your firewalls, ports, address, /etc/hosts
Any ideas? I configured the Tor Server to have an exit node (port 80),
server port 9001, update IP automatically, Bandwidth Limit Rates:
(2048-6048), Accept * 80. I'm currently running the 'personal firewall'
that ships with XP as well as 'McAfee Personal Firewall Plus'. Do I
need to explicitly open port 9001(?) If so, can someone provide a brief
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss, "Oh the Places You'll Go"
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around