Re: Privoxy alternatives

gabrix <gabrix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to be honest : i hate privoxy and his content filtering. i have
> commented user.action file and default-action but navigation stops
> anyway very often .I'm an adult person so babes or porno are allright
> for me  .

What does "navigation stops anyway" mean exactly?
Which operating system do you use?

Anyway, if you already disabled filtering and if you are
using socks4a, it's unlikely that Privoxy is the cause of your
problem.

> I don't need content filtering but fast browsing instead.

Using Tor isn't going to make your browsing faster.

> I never understood why squid never gets  on playing  unless in
> congiunction with privoxy.Squid is the  father of anonymous proxism.

Squid isn't an anonymous proxy at all (and neither is Privoxy).

> it makes top http header cleaning , powerfull caching and this is what
> makes browsing fast,also in a way it makes content/website cleaning too
> but around i have not found one guide saying how i can make tor , squid
> parent.

How is Squid's cache going to make your browsing faster?
Doesn't have your browser its own cache already?

> Well i know tor is not a http proxy and here it is my question:
> How can i configure squid to work with tor without privoxy ????

You could replace Privoxy with another proxy that supports
socks. Check the archive for a recent discussion about Polipo
<http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/polipo/>, it seems
to be the current recommendation of at least one of the
Tor developers.

Polipo is a caching proxy with limited header filtering
capabilities, if you don't need content filtering, you probably
can remove Squid from your proxy chain as well.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/