[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problem: Enigmail Thunderbird Extension & Tor
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Problem: Enigmail Thunderbird Extension & Tor
- From: Kees Vonk <keesvonk@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:28:02 +0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 01:26:32 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=TbX5YZJ8NERrniBCyirvJPWMEe8pOIBV6RqmLK13y5Z5gMnVOgOLjGnwQSceUVwqPNytUzT+4NF+tF5e+TLsHxPnP+MYHbOHxMG2k5qy9eHNyaGuHPegOzV3b7YwaEz43sHN3iREsymvcajQsG55FmxduT+qU7xkIekdfq9JSbM=
- In-reply-to: <4510BA40.email@example.com>
- References: <4510BA40.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20060728)
Andrew Del Vecchio wrote:
> Dear fellow "Torizens",
> I use the Enigmail Thunderbird extension (enigmail.mozdev.org) for
> my GPG encryption needs. I've followed the directions on
> but have the following problem:
> I can use gpg --refresh-keys and get an update on the status of all
> the keys already in my official keyring, but if I try to verify some
> random person's (perhaps even your) key from within
> Thunderbird/Enigmail I get an error message saying that no key info
> can be retrieved from the server. Could this be a latency issue? It
> seems to work fine if I connect directly rather than through Tor.
> This is very important to my business (see signature link below if
> curious), so any aid would be most appreciated!
> Frivolous lawsuits. Unlawful government seizures. It's a scary world
> out there!
> Protect your privacy, keep what you earn, and even earn more income at:
I often find that my first few attempts to use Tor time out. I seems
that Tor needs some time to build up its initial connection, after that
it works fine. Give it half a minute to a minute and try it again.
Usually works for me.