Re: Warning TorButton 1.1.7-alfa

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 06:47:17AM -0400, force44@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.8K bytes in 9 lines about:
: I used to manage my cookies, javacsript and history, MYSELF. Now trobutton wants to do all by itself, and the result is that:
: 1- My history isn't cleared when I close Firefox, even when this option is selected in the Firefox options.
: 2- Some websites that use javascript do not work with Tor. It is possible that I TRUST the CONTENT of a website, including scripts, BUT I want to use TOR to hide my IP. With torbutton this is a real hassle now.

The options available in the new torbutton are listed here:
http://www.freehaven.net/~squires/torbutton/dev/

The goal, I believe, is to try to address many of the exploits Tor users
may encounter when browsing the web with Firefox.

The older version is still online at
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2275/

--
Andrew