Re: [tor-talk] News from Iran

> Rogers, the only other ISP, has always messed with DNS.
Better that than messing with VPN traffic (or general Bit-torrent traffic)
I'm pretty happy with Rogers to date though I worry about potential changes to Canadian legislation to bring it in-line with American MAFIAA rules. I'd certainly have some questions to ask Bell if they ever come up with a low enough cost option to make me consider switching (though I'm not sure I'd get straight answers!)

On 2012-09-24 06:29, Mansour Moufid wrote:
Apparently VPNs were made illegal, but I don't think that was enforced.

Personally, I wish I had to go to the other side of the planet to find
this kind of thing. Bell, a Canadian ISP, does it too. Not SSL but VPN
and other traffic their DPI can't identify, is steadily throttled down
to zero. OTOH, Rogers, the only other ISP, has always messed with DNS.

Iran must be doing this with Canadian tech -- it sounds so familiar.