Re: [tor-talk] Tor companies

On Sep 23, 2013 4:14 PM, "coderman" <coderman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> in addition "The Tor Project, Inc." there appears to be related:
>
> "Tor Solutions Corporation" - Tor Solutions Corporation in Walpole, MA
> is a private company categorized under Website Design Services. Our
> records show it was established in and incorporated in Massachusetts.
>
> and
>
> "Tor Solutions Group" - unknown.

One of these is ours. If I understand correctly, we started it as a wholly
owned subsidiary of the nonprofit when we were applying for a grant that
required applicants to be small businesses -- and defined "small business"
in a way that excluded nonprofit corporations. They dropped the
requirement, though, so we just applied as the nonprofit instead.  To the
best of my knowledge, we haven't used the subsidiary for anything since
then: we're keeping it around in case we need it for something similar in
the future.

Andrew can chime in if there's more here, or if I've gotten something wrong.

Best wishes,
--
Nick