Re: [tor-talk] keeping torcloud alive

i neglected to mention that i'm willing to sign legal docs/promises to abide by torproject wishes when helping out torcloud if it can be maintained.

hoping someone with proper trust level can help maintain. as i mentioned i'm willing to help to take duties of the primary maintainers plate as is required and suitable.

i'm repeating myself a little but
i really think torcloud has potential to be very good for the tor network if costs can be managed.

i keep thinking about network reliability. we had several outages this summer in the province of ontario. bell canada's backbones affected smaller ISPs including mine. while running a bridge at home is good i doubt it will be as reliable as my torcloud bridge judging by outages this summer.

this might continue sadly as canada cannot keep up with traffic requiring exchanges right now. we route traffic to the US quite often even if the domains are .ca to .ca. we're short on infrastructure. makes little sense since IX hardware is relatively cheap.

cheers
steve

[...]
new talk subscriber. i'm
volunteering to help keep torcloud alive by offering help even though i can't be primary maintainer.

i recently got a torcloud node up and running. $3 month first year is quite good. stable and once going no hassles. i like the idea. less prone to outages than my h