[tor-talk] Tor & JavaScript

Öyvind Saether, in a thread about captchas:
> I am not sure this is something most corporations would care about
> since Tor users tend to block their (javascript-using) advertisements
> anyway but webmasters, know that I am probably not the only one who
> will go somewhere else instead of enabling JavaScript from a bunch
> of places & typing in a silly captcha

This disabling of JavaScript gets mentioned from time to time and
portrayed as a common adjustment users make to the defaults. The Tor
Project stand seems to be to keep JS enabled by default to ensure that
most of the web works with TBB, while bolstering security to compensate.

Are there any stats about how many TBB users disable JS? And even if
the majority did disable JS would changing the default drive away to
many of the non technical users to make it worthwhile?
--
kat