Re: [tor-talk] Comcast looking for Tor traffic, contacting customers to threaten termination of service.

ITechGeek:
> I would just like to chime in as a Comcast customer, tonight was the
> first time I've tried hopping on tor browser since this rumor
> surfaced and traditionally when I launch the tor browser I see tor
> connect and I'm on.
>
> Tonight it took a couple minutes before I was able to connect (I was
> able to search for this thread, catch up on every message since the
> 14th, and read Comcast's notice and the comments before tor was
> connected-Not sure if tor has ever taken that long to connect).
>
> This could just be something going on tonight or Comcast could be
> doing traffic shaping and this would be another Comcast will deny all
> interference with traffic until someone proves otherwise.

I have a TBB installation that I only use every few weeks. That always
takes significantly longer to start. I think the delay is because it has
a larger number of descriptors to download.

Try running at least once a day for a while and see if start-up is
quicker.
--
kat