Re: [tor-talk] Hidden Services - how to implement something like Round Robin DNS?

On 9/27/14, Jeremy Rand <biolizard89@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Namecoin would make this pretty easy.  Last I checked the current
> Namecoin domain name spec only supports round-robin DNS for IPv4/IPv6
> and not Tor/I2P, but there's consensus that that will be changed soon
> to allow round-robin for Tor and I2P as well.  Note that to my
> knowledge there aren't any implementations of that feature yet.

i have been using modified local resolvers and web clients with
namecoin for this purpose.  c.f.:
peertech.bit expires in 5618 blocks
Raw value: '{tor:j5ivfpymes6h2kg4.onion,info:peertech hidden
services,alias:[j5ivfpymes6h2kg4.onion.,gc6y6skl3am6jsng.onion.,tvty3r2fyrwuc6b5.onion.]}'

as one experiment.  it will indeed be convenient once "out of the box"
support for Tor/I2P is provided...

best regards,