[PPlay] GUI toolkits

Hi Garrett,

GG> > Well, IMHO we should provide such basic functionality (Buttons can be
GG> > pressed, scroll "bars" have a position, container (text/gfx/...)
GG> > components possibly support Drah'n'Drop etc).
GG>
GG> I assume you are probably already aware that gtk
GG> (http://www.gimp.org/gtk) is a library/widget set for GUI's.  Some

Thanks for the reminder. It looks quite interesting, but as it is
procedural (yet) these are some things that would not fit at all into our
GUI system. And, well we anyway have to take a quite different approach,
as the aim behind our GUI (providing GUI facilities to non-GUI-based
programs) is quite different to the one behind these toolkits (providing a
framework for  developing applications for GUIs).

But nevertheless I'll take a look at it from time to time...

GG> Has anyone considered collecting the names of professional game
GG> developers and companies that develop on and/or port to UNIX?
GG> John-Martin Lotz?

That would fit neatly into our Homepage, yes...

BTW: There is currently a discussion in a german Fido newsgroup about
creating a "I am interested in a Linux port of Software XXX" webpage with
some "signature collection". A version of that specialized in games could
perhaps be neat, too.

Cu
        Christian

PS: Where was the "customized" penguin on the old homepage from?

PS2: Does anyone here know someone willing to design our logo(s) ?

PS3: Who has an idea for a PenguinPlay slogan?