Re: I need more Time

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> Concerning PPlay, well, that's a difficult matter.
> Interest in the project hasn't risen after the release, so it's highly
> unlikely that someone will come along who's willing to spend enough time on
> it to take over some of the work (Jan, I think I understand you now).
> PSound development has even slowed down, it seems.
> *Sigh*
> I more and more think that taking the code and joining some other project
> with it would be the best way. PenguinPlay as such would die, but if you
> think about it it already died long ago.
> It's sad. I don't like doing this at all, heck, I hate writing this mail.
> But I don't see another way.

Yeah, that really suck, I had to do something like that a few years ago,
and it's quite painful.

As a suggestion, if sunsite wants the space back, don't let the PPlay
code disappear, drop it on SourceForge or something like that. Just put
up a web page on the SourceForge server saying that the project is for
grab or something like that.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Systems Exorcist