PSX folly

Unfortunately I think PlayStation support will be impossible.

This is just one of the comments sent to me by people who know
more about the PSX than me.

> it is folly to try to support cross-platform to the PSX...I am a
> professional game developer (most of what I do is on the PSX, been
> doing that platform for about 2.5 years now) and it is so proprietary
> that it would be a large waste of memory and speed (which is sorely
> needed on a 2 meg 33MHz machine) to try to put a layer in between the
> game and the hardware API (which, given, sucks, but it's more in how
> it's laid out more than it's speed).  Concentrate more on going
> linux/win32/mac/un*x than trying to port to a console as well (never
> mind the NDA issues)...

 33MHz doesn't sound to bad to me since everthing will be hardware accelerated.
 But 2M.
Shit.  That means PPlay needs to be around say, 100kb?  Maybe more is acceptable,
maybe.

I suppose a _subset_ of PPlay would be possible (you can forget OpenGL), maybe.
And that's
only the technical side of things.

I always knew Sega was evil, and as expected you need to register to develop for
it.  Well, I'd expected
you would have to pay $$$$ for the tools and docs, but I have been told "only
registrated playstation
developers may see playstation code".  I'm not sure what exactly that means, but
it's not good.

Anyway, bye.