Re: PenguinPlay IRC meeting. GGI developers wanted.

Emmanuel Marty wrote:

> Hoping I don't get bounced off the list, as every time I post a
> message lately..

Well, it appears that our list is a kind and understanding whorewho will take it
from anyone.  This is usefull.

> Yup, I will be there, with my GGI hat and my ex-ubisoft developer hat :)

Pity hats can't be transmitted over IRC in a transparent manner.  Perhapsthout
should  be the next great freeware projects, OpenHats.

> As someone said on the list, getting libggi to compile on playstation is
> technically possible, but .. *shrug* that would leave enough memory to
> write a pong, basically. Maybe it would work if we can shift the difficulty
> of translating libggi to psx API calls to _cross compile time_, not runtime.

Hehehe, well I'm the one who's inline trigger happy.  Actually one nice thingis
that PSX uses GCC, so you know that inline exists in C.  The problem is,
(as the naysayer on the GGI list mentioned),  that you  need to do a lot of
game specific tweaking to get things to fit into a platform like the PlayStation.

Then there are the legal/commericial issues.

Still, finding ways around these problems might be something we could discuss
at meeting with the commercials. + some  kind of sound server to do mixing etc.

> > Hmm - Wouter has made a nice server called GSI for the GGI-port of descent
> > (the first one to run on Linux-Alpha :-). Might be worth a look.
> >

> Wouter's work is awesome, and definitely worth a look. It is of professional
> quality for usage in games.

WHERE IS THE SOUND TEAM!!!!!!

I think we should pronounce it dead, and recruit a new one.

Bye, and I look forward to seeing your hats.
Scan a photo for me :)