Doc updates and Webpage restructuring

Hi,

At the last meeting we found that our docs are not up-to-date enough to
give others a good insight of what's in PenguinPlay. And as we are
currently talking about merging PPlay, ClanLib and GAMES this is quite
important.

It would be good if we could finish most of the technical merger issues
(i.e. what parts have to be restructured how / what design aspects from
which projects should be adopted in the merged project etc). Can you please
scan your docs for obsolete/missing/ambiguously expressed things and
correct them until next weekend? Thanks.

Also, Adrian wanted to place the short overviews on the homepage now. If
you haven't written yours yet, *please* do it now!

BTW: Here's the one for the file I/O system:

--------------
The main idea behind this system is to provide transparent
handling of files collected in tar-like archives, similar to the
famous DOOM WADs. The interface will be as similar as possible to stdio
(C) and iostream (C++).
--------------

Another thing:

I think our homepage structure slowly gets a bit confuse. We should
seriously think about rearranging things. Here's a list of things I noted:

* The "GSDK Graphics API Draft" on the Download page is obsolete
* The Doc page contains several obsolete things (perhaps we should make
some "History" page... ;)
* The "Overview"  link ont he Doc page should be moved to the front page.
* Gamespace (currently on the Doc page) should be considered an own
subproject
* Perhaps we should have a link to the FAQ on the main page
* The Ressources page lacks most of the other gamedev projects
* We should place the "Linux Game Dev. Webring" button on the main page

What about creating a "Project parts" page, listing all parts with their
short overview and a link to their homepage, replacing the current
Gfx/Sound/Net/Input links on the mainpage (that are easily overlooked) and
the GameSpace/FileAccess links on the Docs page?

Garrett - do you have enough time for this? If not, I could help you..

Cu
	Christian

--

We all live in a yellow subroutine.