Re: XWinAllegro library

There's an article in the latest Linux Journal (September 1998 Issue 53) on porting dos games to
linux.  Specifically, they talk about DJGPP.  Check it out!

Cya!

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Sebastian Malcolm wrote:
>I have a friend who is developing quite a cool platfrom game called
>"Morphic Troopers".
>He is using DJGPP and (dos) Allegro and just got RHIDE to work too.
>
>I would like to know if anyone here has any tips/advice to give me before
>I embark on making his game _cross-compile_ between DOS & Linux.
>NOTE: I am a total beginner at programming in C let alone X-windows
>programming.
>
>I think it may be a little too daunting for me to work on it now...
>
>But if anywone else here would like a go at it then perhaps I could
>provide them with the DOS source code in a few weeks?
>
>Oh well,
>
>I'll just add another thought for now-
>
>I've been introducing everyone (Windozy people) I know to the wonders of
>KDE and Staroffice 4.0 (You'll need ~32mb+ RAM to run Staroffice OK) and
>in the insueing disscusions about Linux I consistently get two comments
>(depending upon how much they know about Linux):
>
>>From those who don't really have a clue:
>"All the apps are on Windows" (hehehe They really r blinded by marketing)
>OR
>"There aren't any games for Linux"
>
>SO
>
>I proprose that there needs to be a "complete" listing of all games
>available for linux, catagorised into such things as Platform/Arcade,
>Stratergy, 3DKilling etc. This list/database thing needs to be a promenent
>link on as many Linux & non-Linux Web pages as possible - to reach the
>"masses".
>
>I also propose that I don't have the time to do it...
>But when I have set up my 4Gig Linux Dream Installation with _everything
>Linux!...
>
>Well we'll see..
>
>Bye for now.
>
>From...Sebastian Malcolm.

   Mike Mikkelsen                                mikk@NOSPAM.microbsys.com
   Micro Business Systems                       micro@NOSPAM.microbsys.com
   Fresno Linux Users Group                     http://linux.microbsys.com

   Linux, DOS, Windows NT -- the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

  "There are two major products that come out of Berkeley:  LSD and UNIX.
   We don't believe this to be a coincidence." -- Jeremy S. Anderson
((-8  LinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinux  8-))