Re: PakFiles & Portability

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> Sam Lantinga wrote:
>
> >> (2) (almost the same issue as above) Is support for (sym-) links useful?
> >
> >Useful, yes.  Portable, no. :)

If we are speaking about PAK files, it is portable.

> >> 64bit has the advantage of supporting files > 2GB, but implementing 64bit
> >> values in C portably is a pain in the a**.
> Well, I'll stick with internal 32bit handling for now...

You can define that in version 1 of PAK files the offset size is 32
bits. It is not probable to see games w/ 2GB+ files often soon. And the
symlinks may even enable to link several CD's to one (virtual) big
file. I hope that there's version info in the format?

						Edheldil
.