Re: Fwd: Re: C++ Event mechanism

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:45:14 +0200, you wrote:

>As the messaging system heavily uses templates and gcc 2.7.x has quite some
>problems with them, Adrian had some objections against using it. Here is the
>last mail about this issue:

gcc 2.7.x didn't work at all well with templates.  However both ecgs 1.0.3
and gcc 2.8.1 actually work with templates now.

>----------  Mail forwarded (Author is s369625@student.uq.edu.au)...  ----------
>Subject: Re: C++ Event mechanism
>Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 07:54:13 +1000 (EST)
>From: s369625@student.uq.edu.au
>

>> I think, the distributors will include the newer gcc version (2.8.x or eg=
>> cs)
>> *before* we'll get out our first release, so this shouldn't be a real
>> problem ;)
>
>Hmm, I'd like to start using some nice C++ features.  Exceptions especially.
>What does the rest of the group feel?

How about using namespace PengiunPlay?  That would certain reduce
namespace pollution if combined with a token prefix.

Nic
--
Nicholas Lee, Kiwa Enterprises Ltd
postmaster for kiwa.co in nz