RE: [org] Aiming for Release 1

 > As someone else here mentioned, XFree86 4.0 has GLX support, which will be
 > used by Precision Insight's Direct Rendering Infrastructure to push data
 > to XMesa or 3D X drivers. XFree will have diverse 3D hardware support

It pains me to say this, but good 3d support does not seem to be an
issue for an early penuinplay release.  (Yes, this is a *HUGE* failure,
but I think R1 is going to be toy-game-only release).  This is why
I say we mearly get Mesa working with pg2d.  If by the time we
are ready to do proper 3d, and we find X is ready but Mesa and GGI
are not, then PenguinGraphics can respond to that (probably breaking binary
compatability though).