Re: pfile_basic runs successfully under NT

pcburns@zip.com.au wrote:

>After making a few more changes I think I have pfile_basic working
>flawlessly  under win32.

Excellent.

>I modified the way it builds so that there is now one dll, that uses static
>libraries for PenguinSound and PenguinFile. This gets rid of some of the
>annoying warnings about memory not being valid - MSVC thinks that memory
>allocated in another dll, with a separate c run time, is not valid so it
>complains about it.

Ah, ok.

>This left only one warning about memory in URLInfo::ToAbsolute.
>A tempory URLInfo called TmpUInfo is created and assigned to CWD if the current
>URLInfo is native. We do some processing to convert the path to absolute
>Then if the current URLInfo is *not* native we delete CWD. The comment beside
>it says that we are deleteing the TmpUInfo created above. Are we doing this in
>the wrong spot? Without changing the checking but modifying the behaviour to

No. Technically it's completely correct. CWD == TmpUInfo in this spot. But I
have to admit it's rather confusig. The original reason for this (deleting
CWD instead of TmpUInfo) was that TmpUInfo was declared *in* the
if (is_native) block and thus wasn't visible anymore when it came to
deletion time.

>delete TmpUInfo and set CWD to 0 everything seems to run fine - of course we
>probably have a memory leak here.

No. I'll change it to that.

>The checks for _MSC_VER that are used to get around limitations in MSVC 5.0
>should be modified to become "#if _MSC_VER < 1200" as MSVC 6.0 doesnot have the
>same limitations. MSVC 5.0 is represented by 1100 and MSVC 6.0 by 1200.

Changed.

	Christian
--

Drive C: not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic