RE: Open Season on Penguins.

On 23-May-98 Adrian Ratnapala wrote:
> I think it is high time we made clear in the available documentation
> whether or not we are linux dependent or not.  A lot of people seem
> confused about this (and that includes me).
>
> As far as I know PenguinPlay should work on any system with GGI graphics
> and OSS sound.  I think our policy should that PenguinPlay is
>       *  Targeted for all Un*x platforms (even if it is linux centric).
>       *  We are leaving the door open for ports to other systems.
>
> First can we agree on this policy?

Yes, that's exactly what PenguinPlay should stand for...

> And second, given we are in agreement we should go around all the docs
> and get
> rid of the things which say "for linux".  Specifically I mean getting
> rid
> of that statement on the main web page saying
> The goal of the PenguinPlay GSDK project, is to
>           The goal of the PenguinPlay GSDK project, is to
>           provide the best working environment to create
>           and port game and multimedia applications to the
>           Linux OS.

It is somewhat stated in the FAQ than PenguinPlay will be as portable as
possible, while providing the best performance on Linux systems. Maybe we could
substitue "Linux" with "UNIX/Linux" ?

           Stephane Peter - ESSI 2
       French Computer Science Student
    e-mail: Stephane.Peter@linux-france.com
   IRC: MEGASTeP   http://www.essi.fr/~speter/
linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux