Makefile Magic

Hi,

trying to understand the makefile system used for the current PPlay tree, I
stumbled over some inconsistencies and other problems:

---- snippets from penguinplay/Make_Common.in ---------
OBJS+=$(patsubst %.cc,%.o,$(SRCS))
# This won't work if SRCS also lists C sourcecode (*.c)
# Also, C souces need a different compiler call ($(CC) instead of $(CXX))

depend : dir-depend recur-depend
# Not sure here, but perhaps it would be better to recurse first...

dir-clean:
	rm -f *.o *.a $(TARGETS)
# *.so / *.dll etc (depending on the platform) is also important

-- snippet from penguinplay/PenguinGraphics/pg2d/Makefile.in --
SrcRoot=@top_srcdir@
BuildRoot=../..
# in other places "BuildRoot=@build_root@" is used - should be better,
# right?

I'm not sure if these are real problems of if I just don't understand it,
but it looks suspicious. Adrian, you set that stuff up, right? What do you
mean?

Cu
	Christian

--

I am Yeti of Borg - U will b asssmsh...  assishe... as