Debuglevels

Hi,

I looked through PenguinPlay.h & Co and didn't see any Debuglevel
definition. However I think they are really useful. What about something
like this:

PPDEBUGLEVEL == 0 : No debugging info

PPDEBUGLEVEL >= 1 : Info about entering/leaving major code sections (e.g.
"configfile parsing started" / "configfile parsing finished successfully")

PPDEBUGLEVEL >= 2 : More detailed progress info (e.g. "Processing
configfile line x")

PPDEBUGLEVEL >= 3 : medium detail info about the processed data (e.g. "Line
contains token 'DefaultResolution' with value '800x600'")

PPDEBUGLEVEL >= 4 : Info about variable values at important points (e.g.
"(int) DefaultResX = 800  ;  (int) DefaultResY = 600")

PPDEBUGLEVEL >= 5 : Really excessively detailed information (e.g.
"LoopVariable = 1376  ;  NoOfCopiedBytes = 327860 ; LastByteVal = 0x3F")

Of course That doesn't mean that every piece of code has to give this much
debug info ;)  But if debug info is given it has to behave this way.

Some more notes:

* The messages should be indended according to their debuglevel (e.g. by
2*Level spaces) to make things more readable.

* Perhaps we should have Macros ppDebug1 () ... ppDebug5 () that take care
of Debuglevel checking. Would make the actual source more readable. Or
something like printk ()...

Cu
	Christian
--

It's lonely in the saddle since the horse died...