Re: [pygame] Pygame's future beyond 1.8

> 1. avoid all reference to "pygame" -- "pysdl", "buffy", some random Monty
>    Python reference, etc

> 2. stick with referring to "pygame" -- "pygame-ctypes" is long, and isn't
>    importable, so how about "pygame2", "pygametng", "pygameb5" (b5 was
>    a better series ;), "pygamect" or something?

I believe that option 1 is the best way to go. Pygame-ctypes can then
follow it's own release schedule and isn't restricted by the pygame API
in the same way.

If keeping "pygame" as part of the name it might be confusing if the two
products aren't equal. And frankly...what's the point of having two
projects implementing the very same API and just competing for the best
performance?!?!

Personally I will support which ever project implementing pixel perfect
collision detection first ;-)

Just my five cents...

Best Regards
/John Eriksson - http://arainyday.se