Re: [pygame] pygame crashing after a few seconds

hi,

As more games work, keeping the directx driver default for older
machines is fine.

Remember there were a bunch of problems caused by the switch away from
the directx driver as well, and more reports that we've gotten so far
about the directx problem.

I think this particular use case is also uncommon, since it does a lot
of manual locking/unlocking of the screen surface.  It's just
something that you really should do, and most 99% of people don't do.
So most games won't run into this issue at all.

Emmanuel: Do the other programs cause a reboot?  Or just this one program?

The benefits are:
- more compatibility with older machines.
- faster, lower latency input
- a lot faster graphics.
- less cpu used in graphics.

Remember that the older machines that this is enabled on can not play
some games without the directx driver -- since then the graphics would
likely be too slow.

cheers,