Re: [pygame] Re: Pygame for Android

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Tom Rothamel <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've released a new version (0.9) of the Pygame Subset for Android,
Great thanks.

[..]
>- It works in the emulator, as well as anything works in the emulator
>  (that is, slowly). While it's still better to test on an actual
> device, the emulator is used. (Thanks to stas for reporting this.)
[..]
> I think the next step from here is to port some games. To do this, I'd
> like it if people could volunteer their time and projects. I'm
I'm working for a company that might be interested in porting some of their
pygame based stuff to Android.
Nothing serious yet, but there's an interest.
So I will definitely take a closer look into the possibilities of
getting pygame stuff
running on Android.

> especially looking for games that are suited to a touch-oriented
> platform - once where only mouse clicks and drags matter,
> essentially.
Our project is just that :-)

Stas

--
Free-source educational programs for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org ; and http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Schoolsplay