Re: [pygame] Help with pygame

I use a Mac, and while I have compiled from source, I wouldn't
recommend it because you still have to manage getting the dependencies
yourself (meaning libpng, libjpg and sdl and maybe a couple others)

I would use a prebuilt installer on this page, if you can find one that works:
http://pygame.org/download.shtml

the prebuilt installers *should* have been made to include all the
dependencies linked in a static or embedded way when possible (so as
to avoid replacing shared components for other software)